I made this on the spot for lunch today and it was awesome and super easy to make.
- 3 cups organic mixed baby greens, kale and spinach (Trader Joe’s sells a bad with all of these in one)
- 1 Veggie burger (I used Dr. Praeger’s)
- Approx 2 dozen brussels sprouts
- A few slices of white onion, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- A few dashes of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp basailmic dressing
For the roasted brussels sprouts: Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Wash brussels sprouts. Cut them into halves if they’re small and quarters if they’re larger. Put them in a glass casserole dish and add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, a few dashes of salt and pepper. Toss them with a spoon, top the casserole dish with tin foil (it’ll protect them from burning) and bake them for 20 minutes.
For the veggie burger: Spray a small frying pan with cooking spray. Pan fry the veggie burger for 5- 7 minutes on med/high, flipping frequently. Once the veggie burger and the brussels sprouts are done, let them cool down for 15 minutes. Slice the veggie burger.
In a salad bowl, toss the greens with balsamic vinegar. Top with chopped tomato, capers, chopped onion and the (cooled veggie burger and roasted brussels sprouts.