This is the lighter version of the mock tuna salad. While I don’t typically count calories, this sandwich only has 295 calories so it’s perfect to pair with a vegetable soup or another side dish. It also makes a great snack spread onto crackers. It’s soy and gluten-free too for all of those with food allergies/intolerances. I will be posting a heartier version in the coming weeks for a tuna melt and also a nicoise salad 🙂
Makes 2 servings / sandwiches
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans (or chick peas)
- 4 slices gluten-free bread
- 1- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped white onion (optional)
- 1 roma tomato or 10 cherry tomatoes
- A handful of baby mixed greens
- 1 tbsp veganaise (I use soy-free)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp capers
- A few dashes of dried dill spice
- A few dashes of salt and pepper, to taste
Toast gluten-free bread. In a small bowl, mash garbanzo beans with a fork.
Add veganaise, dijon mustard, celery, white onion, dill, salt and pepper. Mix together the ingredients well. Slice cherry tomatoes into halves.
Top gluten-free toast with half of the mixture, sliced roma or halved cherry tomatoes and baby mixed greens. Enjoy!
Pingback: Mock “Tuna” Nicoise Spinach Salad | Purely Plant Based
Pingback: Mock “Tuna” Wrap Lunch Box With Hummus & Vegetables | Purely Plant Based