A lovely, rainbow lunch box! No shortage of good-for-you vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber in this box. It’s gluten, soy-free and can be made raw (see notes on ingredients). The cost for this lunchbox is approximately $5.50- however I used organic sprouted hummus and organic blue corn tortilla chips from Whole Foods… if you shop at Trader Joe’s or make your own, I bet you can get the cost down to $4.
Time: 10 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 large tomato or 1 roma
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 grapefruit or 1 orange
- 3/4 cup organic baby carrots
- 2 large organic celery stalks, sliced
- 1 serving organic blue corn tortilla chips (use raw corn chips to make this meal raw)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite organic hummus – I use Majestic Hummus Raw Sprouted Hummus in Cilantro Jalapeño (they have it at Whole Foods)
- A little garlic powder, salt and pepper (omit garlic powder and use fresh garlic to make this meal raw)
For the guacamole: dice tomato and peel/dice avocado in a small bowl. Add juice from 1/2 a lemon. Mash with a fork. Add a little garlic powder, salt and pepper.
For the meal: Scoop hummus into small to-go cup. Put blue corn tortilla chips in their own little container. Put carrots and celery in their own little compartment.
For the fruit: Peel your orange or grapefruit and set in container (dessert!). Set other 1/2 of lemon in container and juice it into water at lunch 🙂
Store in a refrigerator or cooler. Enjoy!