This tortilla soup was hearty, flavorful, a little spicy (yum) and absolutely delicious!
Makes: A large pot (approximately 8 servings)
What You’ll Need:
- 4 Field Roast Chipotle Sausages, thinly sliced
- 2 ears corn, kernals removed
- 1/3 large chopped yellow onion
- 1 32-oz carton vegetable broth
- 1 28-oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 11.5-oz can vegetable juice
- 1 14-oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 14-oz can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Tortilla chips or strips of corn tortilla
- Vegan cheese (optional)
In a large dutch oven, saute sausage slices, corn and onion in grape seed oil for 5 minutes at medium heat (stove top level 6 out of 10). Add chili powder and oregano. Continue to saute for another 5 minutes.
Add vegetable broth, fire-roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce and vegetable juice. Turn stove down to low-medium (stove top level 4 out of 10) and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add rinsed black and pinto beans. Continue to simmer for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pour into bowls and enjoy! Top with crumbled tortilla chips or strips and vegan cheese (optional). Enjoy!