This makes a delicious appetizer for a dinner party (or date night if you don’t mind strong garlic breath…) Tomorrow is my birthday so I used it as an excuse to finally splurge on the Kite Hill White Adler vegan cheese I’ve been eying for months. It’s the vegan version of a brie and I must say, while I can tell it’s a vegan cheese- it’s the closest vegan cheese I’ve ever tasted to a brie. It was really good and I’d definitely spend the $13.99 again, although next time I want to try one of their other flavors.
Makes: 4- 8 servings
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pint organic cherry tomatoes
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1- 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled (I love garlic so I used two, if you’re sensitive to garlic only use one)
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (2 Tbsp for the bruschetta and 2+ Tbsp for the toasts)
- 4- 8 slices of gluten-free toast (it makes quite a bit of bruschetta so feel free to add as much toast as you’d like)
- A few dashes of salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Kite Hill vegan White Atler cheese (if you don’t have access to Kite Hill, use your favorite vegan white cheese… other good options could be Dr. Cow, Daiya mozarella wedges or a homemade cashew cheese)
Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters (or if they’re larger, sixths) and add them to a mixing bowl. Finely chop the basil leaves (remove the stems) and add them to the mixing bowl.
Finely chop the garlic cloves into very tiny pieces and add them to the mixing bowl. Top with 2 tbsp olive oil, a few dashes of salt and some fresh cracked pepper. Toss the ingredients in the bowl to mix everything together and marinate the tomatoes thoroughly.
Set your four (or more) gluten-free bread slices in a large frying pan. Top them with extra virgin olive oil (use 1/2 tbsp drizzled on each toast) and lightly toast them over medium-high heat until their nice and golden (it’ll only take a few minutes). Make sure to flip them every minute or so to brown each side evenly.
Cut your gluten-free bread toasts into fourths. Spread with a little Kite Hill Adler vegan cheese (or other vegan white cheese). Top with fresh tomato bruschetta topping and enjoy!