This makes a wonderful salad dish to accompany dinner or bring to a dinner party.
Makes: 4- 5 servings
For the Salad:
- 8 cups raw spinach
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (chilled)
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Persian cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 rip avocado
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (pitted)
- Dill seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Tahini Dill dressing ingredients
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp water (you may need a little more/less depending on the size of the lemon)
- Dill seasoning (you can find it in the spice section)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the tahini-dill dressing:
Put 1/4 cup tahini in a bowl. Add the juice of 1 whole lemon and 3 tablespoons cold water and wisk with a fork and spoon until the consistency is thin. You want it to have the same consistency as a salad dressing (thin and able to drizzle) so you will probably need to add 1 more tablespoon water. Give a few shakes of dry dill seasoning on top (I did 3), and add a few dashes of salt and pepper to taste.
For the salad:
Put your spinach in a large serving bowl and toss with the tahini-dill dressing.
Slice tomatoes into halves and chop the Persian cucumber and add them to the bowl.
Next add kalamta olives, chickpeas and chilled quinoa and toss all ingredients in the salad. Peel and dice the avocado and toss one more time. Enjoy!