I am starting a new little series on the website featuring locally sourced dinner ideas & recipes. I cook dinner for me and my boyfriend as often as I can, choosing to eat on the rooftop of our apartment instead of dining out at a swanky restaurant. It has the best view in town with no wait and it’s much cheaper than the restaurants- plus I know where the food is coming from and how it was handled. When I post the Locally Sourced Dinner menus I’ll also post links to the recipes (existing and new) in case you want to try any of them. Bon Appetit!
- Gluten-Free Rotini with Dairy-Free Walnut Pesto – (with fresh basil from the farmer’s market)
- Steamed broccoli with soy-free earth balance buttery spread, a little salt & pepper – (broccoli from the farmer’s market)
- Garlicky Roasted Asparagus I subbed a little garlic powder for the minced garlic this time – (asparagus from the farmer’s market)
- A Dinner Salad with organic greens, roma tomatoes, capers, dried dill & a red wine vinaigrette (similar recipe to this one) – (organic greens from the farmer’s market)
- A bottle of Cupcake Riesling (not locally sourced- I was really craving chilled Riesling. I’m German…)
Tonight was so beautiful here in Southern California. We sat on the rooftop listening to music, eating this awesome dinner and drinking wine from sunset until the sun went down and the moon lit up the sky. I hope you have a great week!