These tacos are gluten and soy-free, with a nice spicy kick.
Makes 1 serving (to make more, simply multiply the ingredients)
What You’ll Need:
- 4 corn tortillas (I used the tiny ones)
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 lettuce cups from a head of lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (if you don’t like a little spice, leave out the cayenne)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp jarred salsa
For the guacamole:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small diced tomato
- 1/2 lime
- A dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder
In a small sauce pan, heat 1 tsp grape seed oil, chickpeas, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, garlic powder and a dash of salt over medium heat for 3 minutes, sauteeing the chickpeas in the seasonings. Add 1 tbsp of your favorite jarred salsa. Continue to stir and mash the chickpea mixture in with the salsa for another 3- 4 minutes.
For the guacamole: Put 1/2 avocado and 1 small diced tomato into a small mixing bowl. Add juice from 1/2 lime, a dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix.
Heat corn tortillas. Top each one with a lettuce cup. Top each lettuce cup with the chickpea taco mixture and guacamole. Serve and enjoy!