I first made this pesto bruschetta at a BBQ and it was a huge hit- then I made it again the other day for friends and it was a hit again so I figured I should probably post the recipe and share the love 😉 It’s super easy to make!
What You’ll Need:
- A fresh baguette
- One batch of my walnut pesto (find the recipe here)
- 4 – 5 heirloom tomatoes (depends on the size)
- 1 package of Daiya mozzarella shreds vegan cheese (I used about 3/4 package)
- A few basil leaves (chopped or chiffonaded)
- A few dashes of nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Make the walnut pesto according to the recipe. Slice your baguette in half, put it on a baking sheet and top each side with the walnut pesto.
Slice the heirloom tomatoes into thin slices and add them on top of the pesto.
Sprinkle Daiya mozzarella shreds over the tomatoes on the baguettes.
Next – lightly sprinkle a few dashes each of garlic powder, nutritional yeast and salt over the Daiya cheese.
Bake for 18- 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top with chopped basil leaves. Slice & enjoy! These are SO good, let me know what you think.